Edem Dotse is the founder and CEO of Swiftly, a disruptive peer-to-peer platform making shipping affordable for everyone.
If you are shipping a container, you can find someone to share your extra space. Sending a package by Air, add it to someone who has extra space or yet still collaborate to fill your shipment and share cost.
Edem has a brilliant view about sharing. He thinks it’s pretty wasteful to ship a half-full container by sea or a half-full air package.
In Today’s episode, you will learn:
- When Edem first faced the shipping problem in 2012. He had wanted to ship a gear box and found the expense too high? What did he do next?
- Why is Edem deeply inspired by Uber and Airbnb? What are they doing differently? And how is Swiftly similar?
- What Swiftly’s initial MWP was? What the challenge was, and how they solved it.
- How does Edem think you should deal with the pressure of raising money? What has this got to do with creating and nurturing a fantastic team?
- Why does Edem think freight forwarding hasn’t seen much disruption? How big is this industry? And how is Swiftly filling this gap?
- What Edem considers their biggest pain point? What is the outcome they’d like to have?
- And more!