Today is the D-Day for the launch of CcHub Diaspora Challenge (#CcHUBDiaspora)
The Diaspora Challenge is an open innovation challenge aimed at engaging entrepreneurs, innovators and scientists from the diaspora communities across the UK to source scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa.
The launchÂ will feature talks, Q and As, a cocktail reception, networking and musical performances from Bez, Cobhams Asuquo and singer-songwriter Bumi.
- Bosun Tijani â€“ Co-founder and CEO of the Co-Creator Hub.
- Iyin Aboyeji â€“ Nigerian entrepreneur, co-founder of digital payments startup Flutterwave, and co-founder of Andela, a startup that raised $24m from the Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan Fund.
- Alae Ismail â€“ co-founder of Styled By Africa, an online boutique showcasing contemporary African creativity.
- Peter Okwoche â€“ Senior Broadcast Journalist at BBC, regular host of Focus on Africa news magazine programme.
- Dr. Nelson Ogunshakin – Civil engineer and construction investment financier. Awarded an OBE in 2010 for services to the construction and engineering industry.
It will be taking place atÂ Facebook, 10 Brock Street, Kings Cross London, NW1 3FG.
Though the event starts at 11.00a.m. local time, (same as Nigerian time), Â you can join the project Live on Facebook at the Co-Creation Hub page from 12pm to 3pm: Diaspora Challenge Live
The post Join CcHub in London or on Facebook for the launch of Diaspora Challenge – May 6, 11.00a.m appeared first on Innovation Village.