Printivo, also known as the Vistaprint of Africa, is a one-stop online print shop for African designers and business to order quality prints and marketing collateral.
TheÂ 500 Startupsâ€™ 20th program (B20) in Silicon Valley is made up of companies in these sectors:Â GovTech (13.6% of B20), FinTech (27%) and Digital Health (15.9%).
The 44 companies will run aÂ four-month program from January to May. Popular technology trends â€” including SaaS, marketplaces, AI/bots, big data, analytics, devops and hardware â€” also remain prevalent in the seed program.
In total, 36% of the B20 are international representing 10 countries. Canada comes in first in terms of founder representation. Israel is a close second. Founders in B20 also hail from Thailand, Hong Kong, Latvia, Estonia, Brazil, United Kingdom, Nigeria, and France.
B20 is also a diverse set and has 20.5% of companies with at least one woman founder, 11.4% of companies in with at least one black founder, and 13.6% of companies with at least one latinX founder.
Hereâ€™s the full list of companies as published in TechCrunch.
Hereâ€™s a quick rundown of the companies in the batch:
- AllVirtuousÂ â€” On-demand investigation platform to fight counterfeit products through crowdsourcing.
- Alta5Â â€” An event-driven automation platform for trading the financial markets.
- BenRevoÂ â€” Digitally connects insurance carriers, brokers, and employers.
- Bloom CreditÂ â€” TakesÂ a data driven approach to improving the financial health and eligibilityÂ of loan applicants.
- BoonÂ â€” An AI-powered referral recruiting network that helps companies hire talent in their employeesâ€™ social networks.
- CadenceÂ â€” An APIÂ for connecting language interpreters with businesses.
- ClanbeatÂ â€” AnÂ ongoing feedback tool for monthly performance reviews targeted at managers.
- Court BuddyÂ â€” AÂ tech platform that matches usersÂ with solo attorneys based on theirÂ budget.
- CybewriteÂ â€” A machine learning solution for cyber insurance underwriting and pricing.
- Digital MortarÂ â€”Â Full customer path tracking for brick and mortar retailers.
- EquitySimÂ â€” Trains students to trade in financial markets, and uses machine learning to connectÂ them with employers.
- FinCheckÂ â€”Â A conversational finance bot.
- FriendlyDataÂ â€” A natural language interface for databases.
- FunderfulÂ â€”Â Online fundraising software for universities.
- GovlistÂ â€” Optimizes government purchasing through document automation and analytics.
- Halo HomeÂ â€”Â Smart home security
- HyphenÂ â€” AÂ real-time, anonymous employee listening platform leveraging machine learning to provide timely recommendations to Management and HR.
- LittlefundÂ â€” AÂ smart savings and gift tool forÂ teaching children financial skills.
- Biomarker.ioÂ â€” AÂ monitoring and tracking platform that optimizes your wellness and supplement routine.
- MycroftÂ â€” AmÂ open source alternative to Siri and Alexa.
- NazarÂ â€”Â Agent-less database performance monitoring.
- NuminaÂ â€” AÂ sensing platform that uses computer vision to deliver real-time insights from streets and make cities more responsive.
- Obie (Tasytt Inc.)Â â€” A Slackbot for accessing team data.
- OptimityÂ â€” Reduces preventable drug claims costs for employers through a digital health coaching program.
- Orderly HealthÂ â€” AnÂ AI-powered concierge to help employees navigate their healthcare.
- PretecktÂ â€” AÂ hardware and software solution that uses machine learning to predict vehicle breakdowns before they cost you money.
- PrintivoÂ â€”Â One-stop online print shop for African designers and business to order quality prints and marketing collateral.
- Raxar Technology CorporationÂ â€” AnÂ intelligent data management platform that enables enterprise and government agencies to reduce costs, track critical assets, and optimize complex workflows.
- RegardÂ â€” Offers income insurance online, enabling individuals to get cash benefits when theyâ€™re too sick or injured to work.
- SentiSumÂ â€” An AI analytics solution helping enterprises leverage all their customer opinion data.
- ShoelaceÂ â€” An AI assistant that helps e-commerce merchants launch retargeting campaigns on social media.
- SkeyecodeÂ â€” Authentication software based on a new cryptography scheme.
- Text To TicketÂ â€” Pays for user-submitted videos that catch texting and driving in the act.
- TopDocsÂ â€” AÂ software platform for hospitals to boost revenue from medical tourism.
- TrueCare24Â â€”Â One stop shop for complete medical care delivered to home for loved ones.
- UrbanLogiqÂ â€” Applies machine-learning analytics to make city planning faster, cheaper and more accurate.
- WellTrackÂ â€” On-demand online therapy for stress, anxiety and depression to open up access to mental health care.
- Win-WinÂ â€” AÂ sports gaming platform where users play in week-long tournaments to compete for experiences with their favorite pro athletes and influencers, while theÂ entry fee goes to support charitable initiatives.
- YayPayÂ â€” AI to accelerate cash flow and automate accounts receivables.
- Zyudly LabsÂ â€” Provides deep learning powered fraud and cybersecurity solutions for the financial services industry.
- VIA Global HealthÂ â€” AÂ platform that connects people in emerging markets with medical supplies that are otherwise inaccessible.
- VisabotÂ â€” AnÂ AI-poweredÂ solution for streamlining U.S. visa process
- Smile IdentityÂ â€” TiesÂ ID documents to a â€œsmart selfieâ€� of a user, creating a universal biometric for authentication on any Android device.
- Credit StacksÂ â€”Â Credit cards for building credit history.
The post Nigerian startup, Printivo, makes the 20th batch of 500 Startups companies appeared first on Innovation Village.