If you have a flair for teaching with a strong background in technology then this information is just for you.
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is seeking candidates with a passion for teaching and a strong background in technology and/or entrepreneurship for a one-year assignment teaching and mentoring talented African entrepreneurs software development fundamentals.
The instructors must be strongly skilled in either front-end or back-end full- stack development. The instructor will have to engage in subjects such as User Experience, User Interface, Front-End Views (HTML + CSS), front-end frameworks and back-end frameworks with knowledge about both SQL and NOSQL databases. If you have worked with previous startups and know agility, it’s a huge additional bonus!
The teaching fellows will be required to utilize their time preparing high quality material and researching current trends to introduce to the Entrepreneurs-in- Training. They must be ready to work hard to prepare assignments that challenge the entrepreneurs, and push them beyond their limits. Then they spend time with the EITs to review their solutions and suggest further improvements.
Skills & Requirements
- Programming proficiency in an objected-oriented programming (OOP) language.
- Experience building scalable applications:
- UX/UI Designer: Wire framing, Prototyping, Ideating, Developing final designs using Photoshop/Illustrator, etc.
- Front-End: Exposure and practical skills of one of the popular front end frameworks such as Ember.js, Angular, React, Backbone, etc.
- Back-End: Daily development of one of the popular full stack frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, Meteor, Laravel, etc. Experience in both relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server, etc) and non-relational databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc). If you have BAAS experience, that’s a plus.
- Mobile application developer. If you do native development with Java (Android) or Objective-C/Swift (iOS) that’s a plus.
- Ability to design and architect complex software programs, and maintain them over time.
- Experience managing software projects and teams using project management tools.
- Ability to adopt new languages and frameworks quickly in order to help teams using them.
- Interest and/or passion for teaching and technology; experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a team, and to deal with ambiguity.
- Good verbal and written communication in English; good presentation skills.
- Startup experience is a plus.
- We also encourage people with network and system administration experience to apply.
- Be part of the faculty and actively participate of the daily training of MEST students.
- Prepare and deliver lectures and labs on technical topics.
- Grade and evaluate technical deliverables.
- Tutor students one-on-one in programming fundamentals.
- Help determine topics and requirements of project assignments.
- Research options and assist project teams with technology selections.
- This is a unique opportunity for you to be part of a team that is developing an unprecedented technology generation in Africa!
- US$1000 Monthly stipend
- Travel, Housing, Meals and Emergency Health Insurance provided by MEST
- A chance to make a significant impact- transfer knowledge and skills
- Develop relationships with Africa’s future business leaders
- Invaluable international work & life experience in an entrepreneurial organization working supporting talented African tech entrepreneurs.
- Teaching experience; International work experience
Interested candidates can apply here
The post VACANCY: MEST Currently Recruiting Teaching Fellows with Strong Background in Technology appeared first on Innovation Village.